Concrete Repair & Concrete Treatment Including Structural Remediation.
Concrete degrades for many different reasons and in many different ways, some being unavoidable environmental factors and often failure or lack of proper maintenance. Zenith have studied concrete degradation and have developed a deep understanding of how concrete behaves and why.
This understanding allows Zenith to conduct repairs to concrete that are not just effective in the removal of damage and the reinstatement of concrete, but are also effective in improving the overall condition of the concrete surrounding the areas of repair.
Zenith work their consulting partner Aamsko to correctly diagnose, specify, treat and repair concrete yielding long-term results.
Causes of degradation to concrete can include:
The team approaches every new concrete repair and treatment project from a scientific stand point where they properly assess the reasons for any failures and existing damage. This means that they undertake a testing schedule to determine exactly why and how the concrete has degraded and based on the results design a repair specification that not only reinstates the concrete but also remedies the conditions that had caused the damage in the first place.
- Inadequate concrete cover & mixture properties
- Various environmental factors & environmental pollutants such as light, wind exposure
- Excessive water absorption or exposure
- Thermal expansion
- Construction vibration
- Differential movement
- Insipid Anode Syndrome
- Engineered PH reconditioning treatments
- Anti-carbonation coatings
- Anti-carbonation treatments
- Carbonation reversal treatments
- Installation of crack locking systems
- Installation of seismic strengthening systems
- Engineered seismic strengthening applications
- Polyurethane-based expansion joint sealant
- Moisture-curing expansion joint sealant
- Crack filling and sealing repairs
- Crack injection repairs
- Cathodic protection
- Abrasive blasting & removal of texture coatings