Concrete Scanning, Moisture Testing & Thermal Imaging.
Zenith are highly experienced and technically skilled at destructive and non-destructive testing, resulting in comprehensive building diagnostic data.
Zenith building condition surveys, testing schedules and investigation services have been the sole basis on which remediation action for multi-million dollar leaky building remediation, full refurbishments and concrete remediation projects have been developed.
First, step in remediating serious issues with any building is to diagnose causation. In order to diagnose Zenith collect diagnostic data by utilising specialist scanning, moisture testing, and imaging. Diagnostic data is then analysed into producing a comprehensive documentation indicating findings by Aamsko who are property and building consultants. Aamsko also undertake a preliminary study of the buildings structural plans, and the construction and maintenance records in order to provide the most comprehensive building diagnostic service. This unique professional process allows to determine what is occurring with the building cladding, façade or structure.
Testing allows an accurate and thorough report to be developed that pinpoints all of the buildings issues and sets out in great detail the existing situation that the building represents, this knowledge is then used to develop a detailed scope and specification for the projects aim whatever that may be.
A schedule of tests is designed for the following reasons:
- To determine the condition of concrete
- To determine the condition of reinforcing embedded within the concrete
- To determine the moisture content of concrete in different places
- To track water ingress points and pathways
- To assess the condition of structural wall components
- To assess the extent of water damage
- To assess the condition of the façade and cladding system
- To assess the performance of the façade and cladding system
Scanning, testing & imaging include:
- PH testing of concrete facades
- Phenolphthalein testing of concrete (Relative PH indicator)
- Chloride testing of concrete
- Moisture testing of concrete
- GPR scanning of concrete (Ground Penetrating Radar)
- Borescope inspection
- Endoscope inspection
- Core sample testing
- Crack dynamism monitoring
- Removal of internal linings
- Water ingress testing to AAMA 501.2 standard for curtain walls, joinery and cladding.
- Inspection and analysis of joinery performance
- Thermal imaging